Man who threatened to kill Muslims on Facebook faces at least a year in jail
Categories: Latest News
Monday January 08 2018
Gazette Live reports that a man who threatened to murder Muslims in Facebook posts following the Manchester Arena terror attack is facing a jail term of at least 12 months.
Andrew Littlefair, a 50-year-old from Norton in Stockton-on-Tees, wrote a number of posts calling for people to burn mosques and the Qur’an.
In a series of posts, Littlefair wrote: “It’s time to unite and fight wipe out this disgusting desease (sic) they call Islam”.
He also posted threats, such as: “Give me bullets for my gun – I’ll shoot every b****** one”.
Another post stated: “Kick um out wipe them out kill them all”.
Littlefair posted his comments on June 4th last year, the morning after the London Bridge terror attack and less than a fortnight after the Manchester Arena bombing.
The 50-year-old was arrested by Cleveland Police after the mother of a family member’s boyfriend took offence at his posts and contacted police. Littlefair appeared at Teesside Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday 3rd January, where prosecutor Mrs Beattie explained that the family member found Littlefair’s posts “upsetting and disgusting”.
Littlefair initially told police his six posts were a “joke” – before blaming a lager-induced hangover.
No formal mitigation for the defendant was offered, although the court was told that he suffered from bi-polar disorder. The court also heard that Littlefair had five previous unrelated offences.
Littlefair admitted six charges of publishing threatening religious material intending to stir up religious hatred, with the starting point for the offences being 12 months custody.
Littlefair has been granted unconditional bail and will appear at Teesside Crown Court at a future date.