What we have achieved so far…
- World Economic Forum – ranked MEND’s work as ‘best practice’ in Human rights ‘protection and promotion’.
- ODIHR (Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights) – rated MEND’s work as ‘best example for civil society organisations’.
- EU Parliament Magazine – stated that “The EU could learn a lot from MEND’s work on counter-radicalisation through engagement”.
- MEND is invited by the EU to speak at Islamophobia events, most recently their colloquium on anti-Semitism and Islamophobia.
- Muslim Scholars – MEND has the backing of major Muslim Scholars.
- MEND is 100% Muslim Community financed and run.
- MEND has delivered it’s ‘Islamophobia’ presentation to over 30,000 British Muslims.
- Over 3,000 British Muslims have sat through MEND’s masterclasses on media and political engagement.
- MEND has over 25 Working Groups across the UK with over 700 volunteers nationally.
- MEND ‘Get Out and Vote’ campaign launched at each elections has empowered tens of thousands of Muslims.
Partners and Recognition
- Electoral Commission – MEND is an official partner with the Electoral Commission.
- CPS – MEND sits on the CPS’ hate-crime accountability forums.
- APPG – MEND served as Secretariat to the first Islamophobia APPG.
- IPSO – recognises MEND as a representative body for the Muslim community.
- Police – Over 20 Police Constabularies across the United Kingdom have worked with MEND to tackle Islamophobia and many participate in Islamophobia awareness month run by MEND.
- MEND works with teaching unions to deliver Islamophobia lessons in schools.
- MEND has authored over a dozen policy briefings on hate crime, press regulation, counter terrorism and more.
- MEND has created various guides and tools to help Muslims hold the media to account and to showcase Muslim contributions to the UK.
- MEND has built a World Class exhibition showcasing the positive contributions of British Muslims in sport, politics, medicine, business and more. The likes of Mo Farah, Nadiya Hussain, Mo’een Ali, Amir Khan and many more feature on the exhibition. The rise of Islamophobia in the UK is also highlighted in the exhibition.
Police and Local Councils
- MEND successfully lobbied for UK police forces to record Islamophobia as a separate category of crime (similar to racism and anti-Semitism).
- MEND works with local councils across the UK to ensure Islamophobia is part of their hate crime strategy.