Get Out and Vote
Monday September 22 2014
Our aim is to encourage British Muslims to participate fully in the political process to help shape a more inclusive society for the common good of all. Find out more visit: Get Out And Vote online.
Get Out & Vote! is a not-for-profit initiative privately funded by British Muslims which does not endorse any party or candidate, nor does it receive funding from any governmental source.
Get Out & Vote! is an initiative brought to you by mend.
mend is a not for profit company working towards enhancing the active engagement of British Muslim communities in our national life, particularly in the fields of politics and the media.
mend aims to achieve this by:
- Running seminars for Muslims on how to engage productively with the media and politics
- Training Muslims to effectively respond to derogatory and inflammatory news stories through providing media resources and training
- Organising forums for journalists to interact with local Muslim communities ensuring greater access to the Muslim grass roots
- Working with other Muslim and non Muslim organisations to ensure Islamophobia is regarded as socially unacceptable as anti-Semitism and other forms of racism and xenophobia
- Highlighting the work of journalists and other public figures that undermine social cohesion in Britain and foment anti-Muslim prejudice
- Encouraging voter registration and civic participation in British Muslim communities