Ramadan 2021 – Top Tips for Employers
Thursday April 08 2021
UK Employers have today been issued guidelines on the Holy Month of Ramadan Ramadan and Muslim-friendly workplaces. The guidance includes:
- Accommodating flexible working hours/ shift patterns
- Consider exchanging a lunchbreak for prayer breaks
- Accommodate work from home requests
- Consider annual leave requests
- Provision of prayer facilities
The guidance has been issued by MEND in a booklet entitled ‘Ramadan 2021 – Top Tips for Employers’. Please urgently download the booklet and send to your HR department.
The briefing includes recent research from the Muslim Census who surveyed over 500 Muslims about their experiences at work and key patterns on what Muslims require.