MEND Photo Competition. Your chance to win!
This International Women’s Day, we are launching a smartphone photo competition.
What does being a powerful Muslim woman mean / look like to you?
We are asking you to send us your interpretations of what being a powerful Muslim woman is. Do you do something empowering no one else would ever expect of you? Capture Muslim female empowerment. Submit your photo.
It could be of you, or with their permission, someone else, at home, at work, doing a hobby. volunteering or participating in your local community. Add a short story to your entry along with the photo to provide some context.
Entries must be submitted by 10th March which will be followed by a shortlisting by a professional Muslim female photographer and then a public vote! Don’t forget to share your entry via social media.
Rules & Eligibility:
- Entrants must be resident of the United Kingdom, Channel Islands, or Isle of Man.
- Entrants must be over the age of 18 years.
- Entrants can submit a maximum of 10 photographs to the competition in colour, or black and white.
- All photos must be original work, taken by the entrants. No third party images. The photograph must not infringe upon the trademark, copyright, moral right, intellectual rights or rights of privacy of any entity or person.
- MEND is running this contest and the social media platform is in no way responsible for or affiliated with it.
- Photographs can be taken using any smartphone device.
- Every photograph submitted will be subject to a moderation process. Photographs that portray or otherwise include inappropriate and/or offensive content, including nudity, violence, human rights violation, any other content deemed contrary to the law, religious, cultural and moral traditions and practices, are strictly prohibited and will be immediately discarded.
- Submissions won’t be accepted once the deadline has lapsed.
- Submissions will be shortlisted to the top four based on what the judges feel best illustrates the theme of the competition. They will consider a range of factors including originality and interpretation of the brief. During a live webinar on the 10th March, the winning photograph will be chosen by the viewers.
- Entries will be judged by MEND and all decisions regarding shortlisting are final. By entering the competition, entrants agree that photos submitted can be used by MEND for advertising purposes.
- MEND reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The prize must be collected by the winner and is non-transferable. The winner will be contacted via the email address provided during entry. If no response is received after 20 business days, a new winner will be selected, and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and MEND reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if MEND has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.