Wales & West Regional Manager
Location: Currently remote working - subject to change. Candidate must be based in Wales.
Hours: 21 per week (part-time)
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 (pro-rata)
This is a key role in leading the Community Engagement and Development teams efforts in the Wales & West area. The successful candidate will lead and develop volunteer working groups across the Wales & West in order to implement MEND’s community objectives.
The successful applicant will lead working groups in running campaigns, recruiting volunteers and facilitate educational training programmes. The applicant will require a good understanding of the dynamics within Muslim communities in the Wales & West and have the ability to develop good relationships with delivery partners and key stakeholders.
Key elements of the role will encompass:
- Developing and leading both existing Working Groups, and new Working Groups across the Wales & West
- Coordinating seasonal campaigns in accordance with MEND’s national strategy
- Developing relationships and partnering with leading Muslim institutions and individuals in the region
- Delivering MEND’s national campaigns at a local level and maximising participation
- Working with local Muslim community institutions and groups to drive MEND’s ethos on media and political participation
- Managing MEND’s media and political education outreach programmes within local communities
- Presenting MEND’s key messages on various platforms from small community gatherings to large public events
- Working closely with the national Head of Community Development and Engagement.
- Managing MEND’s media and political education outreach programmes within local communities.
- Presenting MEND’s key messages on various platforms from small community gatherings to large public events.
- Working closely with the Joint-Head of Community Development and Engagement.
Please see the job description for further information about the role and instructions on how to apply.