London Regional Manager
Location: London, remote-working
Hours: 35 hours per week
This is a key role leading the Community Engagement and Development team’s efforts in the London area. The successful candidate will lead and develop volunteer working groups across the region to implement MEND’s community objectives. They will lead working groups in running campaigns, recruiting volunteers, and facilitating educational training programs. The applicant will require a good understanding of the dynamics within Muslim communities and will be able to develop good working relationships with delivery partners and key stakeholders.
Key elements of the role will encompass:
• Developing and leading existing Working Groups, and new Working Groups across the London region.
• Supporting, developing, and training new and existing volunteers.
• Coordinating seasonal campaigns in line with MEND’s national strategy.
• Delivering MEND’s national campaigns at a local level and maximizing community participation.
• Developing working relationships and partnering with leading Muslim institutions and individuals in the region.
• Managing MEND’s media and political education outreach programs within local communities.
• Presenting MEND’s key messages on various platforms from small community gatherings to large public events.
• Working closely with the Head of Community Development and Engagement.
• The requirements of the role may evolve over time.
Essential skills and knowledge:
• Educated to degree level qualification or equivalent.
• Experience working with volunteers.
• Experience managing and developing volunteers both individually and as part of a group.
• Experience in training the trainer.
• Experience in delivering and facilitating training sessions.
• Experience in developing training.
• Experience in event organising and delivery.
• Strong knowledge, understanding and connection with the Muslim community in the London area.
• Experience of working within the Muslim community in the UK.
• Understanding of Muslim culture in the UK.
• General understanding of the media and politics in the UK.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Work effectively as part of a team.
• Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
• Ability to self-motivate with minimal support.
• Good IT skills and administration.
• Be able to travel across the London region regularly.
• A full and clean driving license and a willingness to travel extensively to meet the needs of the role.
• Share a deep passion for the objectives of MEND.
Selected candidate will be given a full training programme which they must successfully complete.
For more information and to apply, please read the full Job Description here: Job Description – London Regional Manager
DEADLINE: Applications and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis; therefore, potential applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible
Applicants must also have the right to work in the UK.
MEND is committed to equal opportunities and applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.