Educational Resources Officer (Part-time)
Hours: 16 per week
Salary: £21,000 (pro-rata)
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual to lead in developing MEND’s educational programs and implementing an ongoing review of MEND’s current educational resources. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the current educational courses provided by MEND are up to date and of the highest quality in order to empower local communities in the spheres of politics and media. Furthermore, the post holder will be key in developing materials to educate communities on issues surrounding Islamophobia, the challenges facing British Muslims, and highlighting the contributions of Muslims in the UK.
- Developing, delivering, and regularly reviewing educational programs and resources aimed at community empowerment.
- Developing, delivering, and regularly reviewing new educational initiatives and resources highlighting the contributions of Muslims in the UK and the challenges of Islamophobia.
- Regularly updating MEND’s materials in line with changes in current affairs and with up to date statistics and case studies.
- Other duties and responsibilities which are not outlined above but which are consistent with the role.
The candidate will be required to have an understanding of debates and issues surrounding the following areas:
- Islamophobia, hate crime, and racial and religious equality.
- British Muslims in education.
- The representation of Muslims and minorities in the media.
- Muslims in the labour market.
- Crime, policing, and minority communities.
- Factors influencing patterns of political engagement and exclusion.
- Religious and cultural rights.
- First or upper second class undergraduate degree in a relevant field.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of written skills.
- An understanding of the political and media landscape of the UK.
- Demonstrable creative approaches to problem solving.
- Experience of information collection and source referencing.
- Experience in developing and implementing educational programs.
- Experience of developing and implementing programs designed to empower communities.
- Experience of writing articles or blogs.
- Experience in use of referencing software.
To apply (or for more information), please:
- email email@example.com with the subject as ‘Job Application – Educational Resources Officer’.
- attach your CV and cover letter stating why you are suitable for the role.
- anonymise your CV & cover letter as part of our ongoing efforts to ensure unbiased shortlisting for interview.
Closing date for applications: 22nd September 2019 (11:59pm)
We regret, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.