Corporate Liaison Officer
Hours: 35 per week
Salary: £30,000 - 33,000
MEND is looking to recruit a highly-talented, dynamic professional to maximise the impact of Islamophobia Awareness Month (IAM) with London City corporations and public sector organisations, roll out our diversity and inclusion initiatives and strengthen links with City Islamic networks.
Key elements of the role include:
- Work closely with the Head of Community Development and Engagement.
- Lead, develop and grow MEND’s campaigns, with particular focus on IAM.
- Roll out diversity and inclusion initiatives, mainly in central London with key corporations.
- Develop MEND’s relationships and partnerships with individuals and organisations such as professional bodies, trade unions, local authorities, and others where relevant.
- Work with City Islamic Networks to maximise MEND’s presence for mutual benefit.
- Create IAM campaign materials in order to increase brand awareness and maximise volunteer recruitment.
- Produce an annual impact report monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of IAM activities.
- Work with MEND’s Policy team to assist in securing media coverage in support of our campaigning objectives.
- Present MEND’s key messages on various platforms from small community gatherings to large public events.
- Lead initiatives that engage with wider society that seek to educate and inform communities about Islamophobia.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and ways of working:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Campaign planning, building and delivery experience.
- Experience of planning and organising events.
- Experience of writing for a range of audiences and using different mediums to produce convincing, clear and succinct content (e.g. blogs, e-actions, web and print).
- Experience of volunteering or working alongside volunteers.
- Experience in Muslim organisations.
- An understanding of Muslim culture in the UK.
- Degree level qualification or equivalent.
- Working effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Dynamism and ability to motivate team members.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal support.
- Share a deep passion for the MEND’s objectives.
- A willingness to occasionally travel throughout the UK.
To apply (or for more information), please:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as ‘Job Application – Corporate Liaison Officer’.
- attach your CV and cover letter stating why you are suitable for the role.
- submit your application in Microsoft Word format and annonymise your cover letter as part of our ongoing efforts to ensure unbiased shortlisting for interview.
Closing date for applications: 23 February 2020, 11:59pm
We regret, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.