Administrative Assistant to Head of Policy & Research (Part-time)
Salary: £16,000 - 18,000
We are seeking to appoint a team Administrative Support and Personal Assistant to the Head of Policy. This is a key role supporting the organisation’s dynamic and inspirational Advocacy Team in their daily administrative duties, as well as in coordinating and institutionalising the work of MEND across our internal departments.
The successful applicant will need to be able to support the Head of Policy by arranging and preparing for meetings, attending meetings where required, producing good quality notes and following up on agreed actions.
You will also need to be able to rapidly develop a clear understanding of both the Head of Policy and the wider Advocacy Team’s priorities and work proactively to support the delivery of them with a high degree of autonomy.
- Providing administrative support for the various projects being delivered by MEND and coordinating between the Advocacy Team and other internal departments.
- Diary management.
- Managing correspondences (phone calls, drafting letters, responding to emails).
- Archiving reports and resources.
- Devising and maintaining key databases and contact lists.
- Implementing office systems.
- Arranging and preparing appointments, attending meetings where required, producing good quality notes and following up on agreed actions.
- Logistical duties (organising travel arrangements, transport of resources etc.)
- Occasional proofreading.
- General administrative duties.
- At least 2 A-Levels or equivalent qualification.
- At least 2 years’ experience of administrative work.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to maintain of the highest degree of confidentiality and discretion.
- The ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and independence.
- Strong commitment to equality and a deep passion for the values and objectives of MEND.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work flexible working hours.
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills.
- Dynamism with proven administrative track.
- Experience of working with Islamic organisations in the UK.
- An understanding of the political and media landscape of the UK.
- An understanding of the challenges facing British Muslim communities.
- A willingness to occasionally travel throughout the UK.
To apply (or for more information), please:
- email email@example.com with the subject as ‘Job Application – Administrative Assistant to Head of Policy & Research’.
- attach your CV and cover letter stating why you are suitable for the role.
- submit your application in Microsoft Word format and annonymise your cover letter as part of our ongoing efforts to ensure unbiased shortlisting for interview.
Closing date for applications: 24 March 2019 (midnight)
We regret, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.